Goblins. Witches. Ghouls. It’s that one time of year when everyone is welcome in any shape or form!
It’s that time when when the pumpkins are carved, scary movies are everywhere and candy is king. Halloween is a day filled with fun, but that doesn’t mean you can’t learn anything from it. Here are 5 marketing lessons you can learn from Halloween!
1. Let Them Know You’re Home: Just like when you’re passing out candy, you have to let people know that you’re open for business. This means updating your website, posting blogs and staying at the helm of your Facebook account. Afterall, no one is going to come knocking when all the lights are off!
2. Tell a Gripping Story: A great way to stir interest and entice visitors is always to set the stage and tell a great story. For those passing out candy, that means transforming your house into a haunted mansion, but for marketers, that means creating presentations and sharing case studies.
3. Pass Out the Goods: Everyone likes to get something for free, but don’t just pass out anything. You want to give something that will make you stand out, and great content will have them coming back for more, just like the best candies will bring the trick-or-treaters in droves.
4. Prepare for Success: When you’re offering something great, chances are people are going to want it, so make sure you can live up to your promises. If new customers come to find that the content they’re looking for isn’t available, you better have more things lined up because nothing is worse than running out of goodies for your visitors!
5. Show Your Thanks to Big-Time Fans: There are always those people who come back time after time. Show your appreciation by giving them a little something extra whether it’s a special perk, retweeting or a shout out. This way they’ll be more likely to come back for more and bring their friends along for the treat!
For more on the topic, please check out this article here!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN from all of us here at Gunn|Jerkens!