So you’ve finally done it. You’ve created Facebook and Twitter accounts and even set up a Pinterest page for your business. Now all you have to do is wait for the followers to show up…but where are they?
It’s simple enough to start your social community–but getting members is a whole different story.
And, afterall, you can’t have a community without people in it. So to make things easier, here are some handy tips to help you grow your social media audience!
- Use Your Resources. Customers, email lists, contacts–these are the people who are already familiar with your brand. Why not reach out to them and ask them to LIKE or follow you?
- Incentives Incentives Incentives! Who doesn’t want to win free stuff, get something exclusive or find something cool. If you give people a good reason to come check out your community, you’re bound to see the numbers rise.
- It’s All About Content. The first thing people will see when they get to your community is current content. Make sure this is engaging, interactive and interesting because, if you don’t, they may not want to come back for more.
- Change Things Up. If your page looks exactly the same as it did the first visit, the second visit and the third, then it’s time for a refresher. When you continue to add new posts and show activity, fans will keep coming back to see what’s new.
- Don’t Forget to Link. Your best bet for turning up in search results is to add links to your website, communities and other online involvement.
- Run That Ad. At the end of the day, the traditional advertisement really gets the job done. Add links to the website and your online communities, and don’t forget to encourage their participation.
Want to learn more? Check out this article!