We are all wondering the same question – and it’s not, what am I having for dinner?
The question is, when should I upgrade my computer software?
With the release of Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion, we thought this was the perfect topic for today! We all have faced the battle of upgrading vs. not upgrading. Which is better? Survey says upgrading!
People from around the UK, USA and Germany were surveyed during International Technology Upgrade Week to learn about their behavior and to be encouraged to upgrade to new software features.
Here are the facts:
- 40% of people don’t upgrade their software when they are prompted
- Men upgrade their software more than women
- A quarter of people surveyed don’t know what the upgrades do
- A quarter of people need to be prompted at least twice in order to upgrade
- A quarter of people don’t know how to check if their software needs to be updated
- Top reason for upgrading: 76% of people want to keep their computer safe and secure
- Top reason for not upgrading: 45% of people worry about the security of their computer
We clearly need to start paying attention to our computers’ needs. They are definitely trying to tell us something.
What are your thoughts? Do you upgrade your computer regularly?